Wednesday, May 16, 2012

2 New Baby Girls...Squeak & Squirt

Squeak and Squirt are 2 day old Golden Comet chicks :) They are so sweet and precious! I picked them up at the farmer's market this morning after having a conversation with a young man (probably all of 10 yrs old) who told me about how much he loved his 4 Golden Comet hens and what good layers they are. He was the most knowledgeable young fella I have met in quite some time. He talked to me about how often they molt and that as long as you give them proper warmth through the winter, that they will still lay almost every day! I pray my kids (even tho the boys are way over 10 already) will be that knowledgeable before too long!
Have a blessed night and a wonderful tomorrow!

**Update**After getting 8 Isa Browns, I "lost" Squeak and Squirt in the mix! All of the red sexlinks kinda looked alike. I am pretty sure Squeak and Squirt are now Snugglefluff and Cinnamon lol. 5/29/12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean & family friendly. If my pastor's wife wouldn't want to hear it said, neither would most of my readers. <3